What is LoadRunner?
LoadRunner is the most well-known in the world of performance testing. It supports a wide range of protocols, covering nearly every software platform. It has a long history that may be pointless to discuss here, but you should be aware of it as a performance tester. Join LoadRunner Course in Chennai at FITA Academy, which will help you understand LoadRunner’s architecture.
History of LoadRunner:
It is a Performance Testing tool developed by Mercury in 1999. HPE later acquired LoadRunner in 2006. MicroFocus acquired LoadRunner in 2016.
How Does LoadRunner Work?
LoadRunner operates on the principle of recording and replaying user activities to generate the desired load on the server. By generating a virtual load, it simply simulates real-world user actions and aids in determining the performance of the software application or system.
- Record/ Scripting: To record the user’s action in a script.
- Test Execution: In the test environment, run the script with a virtual load to simulate a real-world situation.
- Result Analysis: To provide accurate results in terms of load handling capacity and application responsiveness.
LoadRunner generates virtual users to simulate real user activities in the form of test scripts. These virtual users are referred to as ‘Vusers’. Vusers run concurrently and generate traffic on the server during performance test execution.
LoadRunner compiles the results and saves them to a file; when the test is finished. This file can be opened with the Microfocus Analysis tool to perform additional analysis on the test results. Finally, the Analysis tool generates a report that summarises the test results.
FITA Academy’s LoadRunner Online Training provides real-time projects with practical approaches.
Its users must create a load-testing script using the VuGen element of the software and then determine how to run the test using the system’s controller. Load generators within LoadRunner will then imitate the behaviour of hundreds of thousands of users connecting to the app at the same time, functioning exactly as actual users would for reliable testing – based on the app’s specifications.
- It has a simple and interactive user interface.
- Its user-friendly components eliminate the drawbacks of manual performance testing.
- It reduces the need for physical testers by substituting virtual users for real users.
- Vusers simulate real-world user behaviour and place a real-world load on the server.
- It reduces the need for extra hardware. Because no physical users exist, a single Load Generator machine can generate multiple user loads, reducing the need for hardware or physical machines.
So far, we have discussed How Does LoadRunner Work? So, to have a better understanding of LoadRunner, you can join LoadRunner Course in Bangalore and equip yourself with its benefits, concepts, and functions.
Read More: Automation Testing Salary for Freshers